This song by The Beatles conveys Holden's need for an emotional relationship, before physical. I would add my song right after sunny leaves. I would have the song play on the radio. I would add this on page 98. In Can't Buy me Love, by The Beatles they say " Tell me that you want the kind of thing that money just can't buy". Holden says before she leaves that he just wants to talk to her rather than have sex with her. This is showed many times that he wants to have this emotional connection. This emotional connection is something that can't be bought and has to take time to grow. This also occurs in the lavender room when he wants to talk with the girls. He wants to achieve this emotional connection.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I think this was very clever, especially in the title usage "Can't Buy Me Love". I think Nick nailed this point, which I agree with, that Holden, even though his thoughts are often naive or senseless, really show feelings. Holden can't stand to just buy fake love, and desperately tries to find a connection with her.
ReplyDelete