Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Crimson Door - H.I.M.

Crimson Door

The song I have chosen is Crimson Door by H.I.M. (His Infernal Majesty). The song Crimson Door, conveys how Holden constantly protects himself from uncomfortable situations and how he is always on a journey of a child and man. I would place this song when Holden is leaving Pency. He shows that he doesnt care and that he is glad that he is leaving but in reality he is full of sorrow. As he is leaving Pency he puts on his red hat as protection or he hides behind the "Crimson Door". "We hide behind the crimson door, While the summer is killed by the fall" He hides from the uncontrollable scene and he faces the decisions of being a adult and child.

1 comment:

  1. I like the song choice by Stephen, but I believe the crimson door represents something else. I think it represents reality and how we try to hide away. Stephen in a way says it. Holden strays away from reality and his crimson door is his red hat. This is coincidence because crimson is a shade of red. I agree with Stephen with the red hunting hat as the crimson door.

    ReplyDelete