Sunday, April 11, 2010
Song Analysis
The song I have chosen for Holden is "All I Need" by One Republic. This song revolves around the idea of what we really need in our lives against what we think we need. It also discusses the idea of letting go of the things we don't need in order to make our lives easier. I would insert this song at the start of Chapter 25 when Holden seems to be lost in his world. He has no idea where to go and starts by just sleeping. He goes through in his mind everyone he knows to see if they could accompany him but he realizes that he only needs himself.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This is a good song-book connection, I like the idea that you are bringing forth about Holden thinking that he wants something but he actually wants something else. I also like the place that you put the song because it represents a time where Holden really was unsure of himself.
ReplyDeleteThis was an excellent song choice, especially because One Republic says "Cause you won't let go of anything you hold". This is very true with HOlden, because of Sally is from years ago and he decides to call her which shows he can't let go. I agree with Matt when he says that he would add in Chapter 25 because he is lost and he just sleeps. The song references many times and works very well with it.
ReplyDelete